Monday, March 16, 2015

New Web Address

I just purchased a new domain name, www.tasfiberart.com.  Yes, you must use the www. part to access the site.  So if you were asked to be redirected, now you know why.  I have yet to figured out how to access it, but then again, it is less than an hour old.  Even google has to update.  My vacation starts in a week and I will use some of that time to set up the website.  Should be easier this time round.

Art Dolls 

Here they are in all of their glory.  The one in the center has batik arms and legs.  Batiks work so much better for these types of dolls.  Next week I will work on faces and hair.  I have some ideas for clothes, but not sure exactly what I want to do.






Octoberfest

Here is Octoberfest almost completed.  I just have to number her and build a frame for her.  The first thing next week is that I have to buy a small miter saw and a table to make the frames.




 
This is a detail shot of the final handwork.  I used a variegated Valdani hand dyed #12 pearl cotton.  It blended quite well with the background and was the subtle look I was looking for.







 UFOs


My plans for this afternoon are to work on quilting a UFO.  I need to do the meandering part on Cam's Cold Blooded World. I have already done the straight stitching in the ditch. I wanted to put something different in the borders so I bought the video on the right.  If you are looking for ideas in how to quilt something, this is an excellent video to own.  Helen Godden is an Australian quilter who will make you laugh and teach you how to machine quilt.  Her work is exquisite and award winning.  I had already purchased her first video Free-Motion Quilting For Beginners, so when she came out with her second video 50 Styles of Quilting, I just had to get it.  I don't usually recommend a lot of videos, but these 2 I do.  I now want to play with my free-motion quilting more.

Since I finished Octoberfest and need some handwork to do at nights before I fall asleep on the couch, I thought I would work on this fellow.  This is a series of flower baskets that were a part of a 2nd Saturday Sample from 2009. I have 4 more to do besides this one and it is on my UFO list to finish.  Before you go rolling your eyes at me, let me explain.  I have already finished 1 set of 12 blocks back in 2009.  This is my  second set, got a little tired of the fellows after doing the first set.  Now it is time to finish these babies and put them in a quilt.


Well I'm off to clean the house before I get to quilt.  Until next time.
Shirley



No comments:

Post a Comment